Summer means sales and not just for mainstream fashion, but for ethical fashion too! A study carried out by Doorone.co.uk, of 1,152 UK adults, aged 16+, discovered that 67% of those questioned felt that ethical products are too expensive. So, now's your chance to make the most of the sales and grab some great ethical fashion buys. You don't have to go mad, but by slowly building up an ethical collection a bit at a time, you will eventually find that you have a whole wardrobe full of ethical garments. There is no need to throw your old wardrobe out (that will cause more waste), instead give anything you don't want to a charity organisation like Oxfam or the British Heart Foundation, exchange some items on Uk.freecycle.org or take them to a recycling bank. Check out Recyclenow.com for your one in your locality.
Back to the sales, here are just a selection of the bargains you can find out there.
1) Ecoganik Kimono Tissue Top, cut from $68 to $47.60 - 100% organic cotton, BTC Elements.
2) Ecoganik Laurel Long Tie Side Thermal, cut from $62 to $37.20 - 100% organic cotton, BTC Elements.
3) Edun Crochet Tank, cut from $154 to $92 - 100% organic cotton, Coco's Shoppe.
4) Stewart + Brown Organic Cotton Cinch Skirt, cut from $80 to $48 - 100% organic cotton, Coco's Shoppe.
5) Kuyichi It's All About Me T, cut from £35 to £23 - fairly traded, Adili.
6) Beyond Skin Suzy Pointed Toe Stiletto Court Shoes, cut from £165 to £94 - black faux leather, The Natural Store.